Location: Deep Run Farm is one hour south of Washington, D.C. in Goldvein, Virginia. Goldvein is just off Rte. 17N midway between Fredericksburg and Warrenton. We have 116 acres of rolling pastures, woods, streams and ponds which provide an ideal setting for dog training.
- Breeding: In addition to our quality studs, we offer a complete canine reproduction service including timing tests, artificial insemination (fresh/chilled/extended/frozen semen), vaginal smears, and breeding assistance.
- Puppies: American Field and English Labrador Retriever puppies can be reserved with a deposit.
- Trained Dogs: Occasional trained retrievers for sale. Contact us for availability.
- Customer Feedback: Letters and photos from satisfied owners of puppies and trained retrievers.
- Canine Health Care: On-site veterinarian, Phyllis Giroux, DVM, concentrates on nutritional, mental, and physical conditioning of the canine athlete for peak performance in the field. Dr. Giroux is a certified animal chiropractor. Be sure to see her Health tip of the month.
- We operate one of the finest breeding, training and canine health care facilities in North America.
- We breed quality field-pedigree Labrador Retrievers for hunting, and performance, and English Labradors with strong working abilities. Our pups have earned over 300 hunt test titles, multiple Champion titles and Specialty Winners. Deep Run is the home of TWO Champion Master Hunter Labrador Retrievers.
- We sometimes conduct clinics and seminars on national radio and television broadcasts including ESPN, TNN, Outdoor Life, Animal Planet and the Outdoor Channel.
- We demonstrated our retrievers in action for members of congress at the House Rayburn Office Building.
- We have trained, owned and handled several High Point Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware (4 state) puppy, derby qualifying and open dogs.
- We have owned and handled 6 State Gun Dog Champions.
- We have owned and handled two SRS (Super Retriever Series) event winners.
Phyllis Giroux, DVM, CAC
Dr. Giroux is a graduate of Michigan State University, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine and Masters Program in Animal Behavior, and a certified Canine Animal Chiropractor. Phyllis specializes in canine reproduction and sports medicine, was a speaker at the 1998 North American Veterinary Conference. She has special interest in integrated canine medicine, including chiropractic, homeopathy, herbal medicine and acupuncture. Phyllis has written many articles appearing in Today's Breeder, the Whole Dog Journal, and various publications of the American Kennel Club.
Active in purebred dog events in breed, obedience, and field since 1974, she has owned numerous breed champions (including exhibiting at the Westminster Kennel Club Show at Madison Square Garden), earned many obedience titles, working certificates, and has owned and campaigned Retriever Field Champions, Master Hunting Retrievers and Master Hunters. Deep Run Canine Health Care and Training Center is the culmination of a lifetime devotion to dogs.
Deep Run Farm
13727 Blackwells Mill Road
Goldvein, VA 22720
(540) 752-4710/4888 FAX (540) 752-4775
Trained Dogs |
Norwich Terriers |